Thursday, June 2, 2022, Vancouver – Coast Mental Health (Coast) is accredited with Exemplary Standing for the third time, consecutively, by Accreditation Canada (AC).
Coast completes its third surveyor cycle with Exemplary Standing: 2012-2016; 2016-2022; and now 2022-2026.
Exemplary Standing is Accreditation Canada’s highest designation and is awarded to an organization that has gone beyond the requirements of the Qmentum accreditation program, demonstrating excellence in quality improvements.
“I wish to thank key stakeholders for participating in the AC survey,” says Darrell Burnham, CEO, Coast Mental Health. “With the help from clients, caregivers, volunteers, employees and our partners, we have a strong network of supporters that allow us to continuously improve our services and provide the highest quality of care to over 5000+ people we support every year.”
As part of the accreditation process, Coast Mental Health met and exceeded in all categories of the AC standards in community-based mental health services and supports, medication management, infection prevention and control, as well as leadership and governance.
Highlights from the surveyors’ report:
- Coast Mental Health is governed by an enthusiastic, knowledgeable Board of Directors
- They have a highly committed senior- and middle-management leadership team in place
- Since the last survey in 2016-2022, Coast Mental Health has expanded its housing and programs
- They have invested in technology, which allows them to utilize data in a new way
- The organization has a strong client-centered environment
- Both clients and families report a high rate of satisfaction with Coast Mental Health’s services
- Staff satisfaction is also high; employees feel that their work is appreciated and supported by the organization
- There are good communication mechanisms in place
- Strong human resource processes are in place; the organization is also innovative in its recruiting practices, and it has a low vacancy rate despite the overall shortages of